After finishing runner up the previous two year’s, Conway’s David St. John impressed the judges enough to win the 2015 World’s Duck Calling Championship. St. John won $8,000 in cash, three cases of Winchester Blind Side shotgun shells, a boat and other prizes.
St. John competes with a Echo Duck Call made by 1997 World Champion Rick Dunn of Beebe. Echo also awarded St. John with a $1,500 bonus for taking home the title.
The runner up was Jonathan Morton of Trumann, followed by Tyler Merritt of El Paso, Arkansas.
The annual “Super Bowl” of competition duck calling is held each Thanksgiving weekend as a portion of the Wings Over the Prairie Festival in Stuttgart, Arkansas. Other titles awarded this weekend include:
- Ben Burgess of England – Intermediate World Championship
- Kelsi Mashburn of Springdale – Women’s World Championship
- Johnny Mahfouz of Springdale – Senior World Championship
- Ben Perez of Burlington, N.C., – Chick & Sophie Major Memorial championship
- Julia Ryan of Stuttgart – Junior Women’s World Championship
- Cody Severe of St. Joseph, Mo., – Junior World Championship