The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission accepted the proposed season framework for 2016-2017 at the May commissioners meeting. The season dates are typically recommended in July and voted on during the August meeting.
- Nov. 19-Nov. 27, 2016
- Dec. 8-Dec. 23, 2016
- Dec. 26, 2016-Jan. 29, 2017
- The annual youth hunt will be Dec. 3, 2016 and Feb. 4, 2017
The daily duck bag limit is once again six ducks with no more than 4mallards (no more than 2 of which may be hens), 3 wood ducks, 2 redheads, 1 black duck, 3 scaup, 2 pintails, 2 canvasbacks and 1 mottled duck.
Other new rules & regulations for 2016-2017 Arkansas duck season are as follows:
- Prohibiting the use of all simulated wing-movement decoys on Commission-owned wildlife management areas and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service refuges.
- Requiring waterfowl hunters to be off water-inundated areas or water courses on WMAs after noon from the first day of the first segment of regular duck season until the last day of the last segment of regular duck season.
- Increasing the horsepower limit of surface-drive motors from 36 hp to 37 hp.